At the Foot of Arjuno

At the Foot of Arjuno

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Home is Where the Heart Is

I haven't been back to the US in almost 3 years.

When I came here, I had no idea that would happen, but it did and here I am.

At the beginning of August, I moved to my favorite place in Indonesia, Malang. It's beautiful here, that's for sure.

 




But beauty alone doesn't make a place a home. I come from a beautiful place and am thankful that it's my point of origin, but what really makes or breaks a place are the people, the civic culture and the most important of all, the feeling it gives me.

I've been to many beautiful places around the world; Brazil, England, Germany, Greece, Japan, Virgin Islands, Mexico, Canada, Singapore, but only a few give me that deep-down, full-hearted love rush. Other than NC? France in 1986 and Costa Rica in 2007.

Malang in 2013.

I first came here in December of 2011. Even then, I felt a peace unknown to me for many months. This is a wonderful place. I can feel it.

North Carolina is my home. It's where I'm from. Malang is my home. It's where I'm going to be. At least for now.

My heart? It's with me. And it knows where we're happy.








No comments:

Post a Comment