At the Foot of Arjuno

At the Foot of Arjuno

Saturday, February 22, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things...(blast (blessed?) from the past)

Sometimes I go through my drafts of posts that I started and didn't finish to determine if I want to finish any of them...I don't know why I didn't finish this one, but it's a blast from the past as it contains of pictures of my favorite things in my favorite place in the city where I used to live. That house and my neighbors there are something for which I will always be grateful. The house was an oasis and my neighbors were so full of love and true kindness.

From the original...

I'm not very materialistic, I know things can be lost, stolen, broken, or ruined, but I have some sentimental things that are very special to me...and yes, they're lovely and warm my heart. So please - enjoy, for these are a few of my favorite things...
Gift from Sulawesi from friend who let me babysit her cat while she was gone :-)

I've always wanted this kind of curtain in a doorway - I got to have one here

The front door with a shot of the beautiful light that filled the house when the sun was out - so almost every day!

The best kamar mandi (bathroom) big and roomy with a sunlight

My big happy mirror

Cepot the wise (gift from a very smart graduate student and friend) 

I understand that this Buddha's hand position means "do not be afraid"...when I found that out, I knew that's why I had to have this from the very first time I saw it. 

My shelf of happy things, especially the little round frame with a drawing my daughter did when she was still a little girl

Hanuman, a gift from my dear Yani

A visitor to my house from Korea saw this and thought I was Catholic. I think the line between Catholic and Protestant in the US is less defined. We all try to follow Christ.

My monkeys from Bali

Some books...

I slept on the floor like this for more than 2 years. I've always loved sleeping on the floor much more than sleeping in a bed.

The Queen of the South Sea. 

Che, from a small make up bag a friend brought me from France many years ago...


This map won an award in the US and was a gift to me from my dear sister Carolie

Map of Indonesia. I like maps.

My very favorite couch...it's old and wonderful.

Volcanic ash magnified...looks sharp and dangerous, doesn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment