At the Foot of Arjuno

At the Foot of Arjuno

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Why Read? The Multifaceted Dimensions of Linguistics and Literature (Conference)

Earlier this week, I had the opportunity to share at an international conference held at Maulana Malik Ibrahim State Islamic Univeristy in Malang. As many know, I am a BIG promoter of reading. Reading rules. Reading can be incorporated into any aspect of English as a Second Language (ESL) lesson planning.  I've enjoyed watching students learn to embrace reading - either as something fun, inspiring and enlightening or as a more pleasant way to study their English. Reading is fundamental. Spread the love!


This is a part of the organizing committee. They did an absolutely stellar job!

Pleasant to walk on this campus...

Some cute students that wanted to play a bit - awesome!

Lots of places to park that leave lots of places for walking unhindered






There were four plenary speakers and it was hard for me to contain my enthusiasm as two of them promoted student-centered learning and student empowerment. Yes! The other two were engaging as they mixed Bahasa Indonesian and Javanese with English in order to drive their messages home.

I attended additional sessions and was enriched and inspired by what I heard and saw.  So many smart and creative people!

I'm thankful for every opportunity to share and to learn, as well.

Knowledge may be power, but empowerment creates knowledge. I love doing all I can to empower, inspire and equip those who want to learn, and master, English.



No comments:

Post a Comment