At the Foot of Arjuno

At the Foot of Arjuno

Sunday, October 21, 2012

How Am I Doing?

I've listened to music my entire life. As I've posted before,  it guides me and even when I have no idea what's happening, strong messages come through and I know that it's more than a coincidence. Today music has freely flowed all day; from Yes to AC/DC, and icing the day's cake with Bob Marley. This morning as I prepared an American breakfast in an Indonesian kitchen with Indonesian cookware (have you ever tried to cook bacon in a wok? You don't need to try, if you haven't yet.) Yes was the selected background music.


It's been forever since I've heard this song, but as soon as it came on, I was transported to a time of youth, idealism and pure optimism.





The lyrics are repetitive, almost like a Taize piece, but in essence, they are:

In the morning when you rise, 
Do you open up your eyes, see what I see? 
Do you see the same things ev'ry day? 
Do you think of a way to start the day 
Getting things in proportion? 
Spread the news and help the world go 'round. 
Have you heard of a time that will help us get it together again? 
Have you heard of the word that will stop us going wrong? 
Well, the time is near and the word you'll hear 
When you get things in perspective. 
Spread the news and help the word go round. 

There's a time and the time is now and it's right for me, 
It's right for me, and the time is now. 
There's a word and the word is love and it's right for me, 
It's right for me, and the word is love. 

So that song is in my head all day, even as AC/DC blasts out Shook Me All Night Long and I sing along; I'm filled with peace and happiness...

This evening, the sun is shining, the weather is sweet...wafts from the speakers. "Ooooh! I love that song!" ("turn it up dude!" remember that commercial?)




The message? 

Sun is shining, the weather is sweet
Make you want to move your dancing feet
To the rescue, here i am
Want you to know, y'all, where i stand

(monday morning) here i am
Want you to know just if you can
(tuesday evening) where i stand
(wenesday morning)
Tell myself a new day is rising
(thursday evening) get on the rise
A new day is dawning
(friday morning) here i am
(saturday evening) want you to know just
Want you to know just where i stand

When the morning gathers the rainbow
Want you to know i'm a rainbow too
So, to the rescue here i am
Want you to know just if you can
Where i stand, know, know, know, know, know

We'll lift our heads and give jah praises
We'll lift our heads and give jah praises, yeah

A new day is rising. The time is now. The word is love. We'll lift our heads and give God praises. 

Many changes have happened recently in my life. So far, few people have asked me how I'm doing or what's going on, but I know exactly what I'll say if and when they do. 

A new day is rising. The time is now and the word is love. I'll lift my head and give God praises. I'm a rainbow, too.







No comments:

Post a Comment