At the Foot of Arjuno

At the Foot of Arjuno

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas 2011...the Lighter Side

Elly, one of my very best friends here, had a birthday on December 24th. Usually on December 24th, I'm going to church and having a party. Here, church was to be on the 25th, so the 24th was the party...and it was for Elly and to celebrate Christmas Eve.

We purchased a big cake, a big "ceremonial" rice dish (called a "tupeng") and people brought food and snacks. At the height of the evening, there were 20-25 people in my house, affectionately called "the tempat happy-happy" (the fun place). The following are some pictures from that night, as well as a couple of trees that I found to be really cool.

Christmas was a blessing for me. My friends here are a blessing. People getting together, regardless of religious background, to celebrate and share love. That is a blessing. And I'm blessed that it's a big part of my job; my real job.

Elly getting in to the tupeng

Some friends in attendance...

The extent of my personal Christmas decor...

A Christmas tree made of....COCONUT shells! :-) Very creative!

My awesome friend Farsijana and I in front of her beautiful tree.

Some of my friends who make my life beautiful!





No comments:

Post a Comment