At the Foot of Arjuno

At the Foot of Arjuno

Monday, May 20, 2013

Poetry

Sometimes I'm so overtaken by emotion that I don't want to write about it, but I have to get it out. I have some short poems I've written...but I'll share this one now, because it reflects how I've felt the second I got off the airplane...I just didn't know why. I know now. As a Southerner, I know well the whole "If you don't like it, leave" mentality.

Believe me, I'm working on it.


Hate treads silently
Creeping along the ground and wafting through the air
Admiring strands of passerby quietly offer nourishment to ensure safe passage
It seeps in and covers the surface, eventually
Soiling your feet with its filth and stench
You wash your feet with water, but it comes from the angry, soaked ground
Your hands are dripping with the residue of its sickness
You try soap, but the towels and the air are infused with conformity, shame and malice
Eventually you understand
In this place, hate is the Way, the Truth and the Darkness
Vengeance is the answer
And revenge is the only thing that’s truly sweet.
I want to live in the Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment