At the Foot of Arjuno

At the Foot of Arjuno

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Coban Pelangi and Jalan-Jalan



I cannot get into the woods enough. It is my very favorite place to be and today I not only got to get into the beautiful, lush forest, but I also got to travel along a road that changed from asphalt to stone, stone to dirt, and dirt into mounds of earth suitable for an off-road adventure. Gas? Check. Spare tire? Very likely. Soulmate and spirit of adventure? Most certainly. Ayo berpetualang! (Let's go adventuring!)


There are really some serious trees around here...

I believe a tree like this inspired the one in Avatar....



Very interesting trunk action happening here...

Lucked into another prime spot for enjoying Coban Pelangi (Rainbow Temptation...or Rainbow Waterfall) There is a fine mist of water so you can imagine if the sun were out, there would most certainly be incredible rainbows.

Traveling along with trash cans at regular intervals.  I just love this area!

One nice thing is that it seems there are always places to have a drink...and in this case, make your prayer time, as well.





the rocky cliffs were so beautiful, it was hard to choose a vantage for a picture!

A little weird to see a poinsettia this big...but I always LIKE to see them.

These cute children were so direct and said hello right away - they were sweet and cute. I'm honored that they would take a picture with me!
I wish I had taken pictures of the "road" we were on...I was distracted by the pretty scenery!




1 comment: